News & Information
Mar 14 2012
Your first hearing test: what questions you should ask
For those who have not had their hearing examined, it can be difficult to know what to ask during and after a hearing evaluation. The following list of questions may be helpful in gathering information and getting clear answers from an audiologist or hearing specialist.
1. What kind of hearing loss do I have?
2. Is it medically treatable?
3. Should I see a medical specialist for my condition?
4. What are the results of my hearing tests? What’s my hearing threshold?
5. Are there specific frequencies or types of sound I have more trouble with than others?
6. Will I receive a copy of my audiogram and other test results?
7. What are my treatment options?
8. Is there anything I can do on my own to hear better?
9. Can I prevent further hearing loss?
- Locally owned and operated
- Warm, welcoming atmosphere
- No commissions – we choose the product that’s best for you
- Early morning and late evening appointments
- 60 day risk-free trial period with all hearing aids