Posted on: June 19, 2014
Summer will finally be upon us this coming weekend. With it comes much anticipated warm weather and sunshine. Summertime also brings high humidity and heat, which can affect the performance of hearing aids. Following are some tips to ensure your hearing aids work optimally during the summer months.
- When taking your hearing aids out at night, make sure the battery door is open all the way. This allows some of the condensation to evaporate. Condensation can build up in hearing aids because of moisture in the air and/or from sweating.
- Consider the use of a dri-aid kit. These kits absorb the moisture in the hearing aids. Take the batteries out of the hearing aids and place them in the kit overnight with the battery doors open.
- If you are near a pool or at the beach bring a sealable plastic bag to protect them from accidently being splashed.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry when handling your hearing aids.
- Finally, if you are wearing older hearing aids you may want to consider upgrading. Most hearing aids manufactured over the past few years have a coating that protects them from moisture.
Follow these tips to get the most out of your hearing aids during the summer months. If you would like more information please contact your hearing care professionals at Accurate Hearing. Phone 252-3004 for Lower Sackville or 423-7734 for Halifax.