News & Information
May 29 2014
Ears: not just for hearing
We all know that we hear with our ears. Did you know that they also serve another important function? Balance. That’s right, the inner ear is composed of two organs. The cochlea, which is responsible for hearing, and three semicircular canals, which are responsible for balance. We may take them for granted, but this organ plays an important role in preventing you from getting dizzy when you move your head. Since your hearing and balance organs are so close together there are some conditions that can affect both your hearing and your balance.
If you experience dizziness or vertigo, it’s not a bad idea to consult a hearing care professional to rule out any inner ear conditions. For a consultation please contact Accurate Hearing at 252-3004 in Lower Sackville and 423-7734 in Halifax.
- Locally owned and operated
- Warm, welcoming atmosphere
- No commissions – we choose the product that’s best for you
- Early morning and late evening appointments
- 60 day risk-free trial period with all hearing aids