News & Information
Jun 20 2018
Enjoy the sounds of summer safely
It feels like summer might finally here, which means lots of outdoor activities. Whether it be music festivals, yard work, boating, or fireworks, many of these activities will expose your ears to loud noise. Here are a few tips to help your preserve your hearing while enjoying all the sounds of summer.
- Use hearing protection when possible. Concerts and festivals are the obvious place here, but you should also use hearing protection when using power tools or noisy lawn equipment. Parades, often with marching bands or speakers blasting loud music, can be quite noisy too. Keep a set of plugs on you so that you are never unprepared.
- Try not to sit too close to noisy sound sources such as speakers. Sitting next to a set of speakers at a concert is a good way to damage your hearing and cause tinnitus (an annoying ringing in the ears). So, try to be aware of where the loudest noise is coming from and situate yourself appropriately.
- Invest in custom hearing protection. Over the counter plugs are better than nothing. However, custom plugs will ensure a proper fit each and every time you wear them. Some also come with filters to reduce sound while maintaining crystal clear clarity.
No matter what you are doing this summer, if it involves noise, protect your hearing. For more information on quality hearing protection please contact Accurate Hearing at one of our convenient locations below.
Lower Sackville: 902-252-3004
Cole Harbour: 902-406-4327
- Locally owned and operated
- Warm, welcoming atmosphere
- No commissions – we choose the product that’s best for you
- Early morning and late evening appointments
- 60 day risk-free trial period with all hearing aids